Self-publishing is a big decision, often a scary one. There are no safety nets here, just plenty of unknowns. Still deciding? Wondering if selfpub is right for you? Decided, but still have questions? Here is a list of helpful articles and how-tos to guide your brave journey.
- 5 Top Legal Issues for Authors and Self-Publishers
- 18 Things You Need To Know About Self-Publishing Your Book
- 21 Point Checklist to Help You Organize Your Self-Publishing Project
- Checklist for Self-Publishing a Book
- How Much Does it Cost to Self-Publish a Book?
- How to Price Your Work on Amazon
- How to Publish a Book on Amazon
- How to self-publish a print book, worldwide
- How to Upload & Sell Ebooks on Google Play
- Pros and Cons of Being an Indie Author
- Pros and Cons of Self-Publishing Your Novel
- Self-Publishing a Book: 25 Things You Need to Know
- Self-Publishing Basics
- Should I Self-Publish? A Motherf*cking Checklist
- Should You Go Wide or Join KDP Select/Kindle Unlimited?
- Start Here: How to Self-Publish Your Book
- Top 10 Worst Self-Publishing Mistakes—Explained!
- Traditional or Self-Publish: What’s Best for You?
TRADITIONAL PUBLISHING ENTHUSIASTS
For those taking the traditional publishing journey, here are a few articles to get you started:
- Query 101 series
- Building Your Twitter Pitch
- What to Ask an Agent
- What to Write in the “Bio” Section of Your Query Letter
- Susan Spann is a lawyer who specializes in IP/publishing, and blogs about copyrights and many other issues under #PubLaw
- Book Publishing Glossary
- Saundra Mitchell Query Series: (I)- Everybody Starts Out Writing Bad Queries, (II)- Even Good Queries Aren’t Stunning, & (III) Give It to Me Short ‘n Dirty: Query Bulletpoints
- Ready to find an agent? Get help from QueryTracker!
February 24th, 2022
As a new addition, I’d like to share another article than can serve as a great resource for writers:
Thank you, Anna. Best wishes in your pursuit of becoming a published author!
S. Katherine Anthony